This morning Chad left for New York. It felt a little like a deployment, which gave both of us an ick feeling for the real thing that is coming up too soon. I hate watching my girls say good-bye to Daddy!! We are praying that Chad finds a house quickly so that the girls and I can go to New York soon to be with him.
We realized last night (once again) how difficult the housing situation is at Ft. Drum. I understand that the mission is the top priority with the Army (as it should be), but its hard to believe that they can send us somewhere that the housing situation is so tough! Chad called last night to make hotel reservations for this week and one hotel didn't have any rooms at the government rate until July (none of the hotels had govt rate rooms this week)! The temporary lodging on post thankfully had a room available at the end of the week, so he will only be in a regular hotel room for a few days. I hate to see Chad go, but after all of the trouble of finding somewhere just for him to stay, I'm glad the girls and I will be here until he can find some where for us to live.
Murphy's Law definitely went into effect this morning as he was getting ready to leave. Almost every military wife knows what I mean! When they leave...no matter for how long...things go crazy!! Mya threw up all over me and her this morning and then her diaper leaked on her PJs. While I was changing her, I ran out of wipes. I left her on the bed to go get more while thinking to myself..."I shouldn't leave her on the bed without a diaper." Sure enough, when I get back she had pooped all over and soaked the sheets all the way to the mattress on our bed! Nothing that a load of laundry wouldn't fix, but it is almost humorous how things happen!
Today will definitely be a recoup day for me and the girls. Visiting family and friends is so fun, but we feel like we have been going non-stop for almost 3 weeks! My girls definitely need a day of normal naps and most importantly a normal bed time for everyone! Hopefully I will post pics soon of a great new house that Chad has found for us in New York...!!
Comments
Post a Comment