We have all been looking forward to the opportunity to go Apple Picking! Last week we drove down to Mexico, NY to a local orchard. I guess I have never seen an apple tree...they were a lot smaller than I had imagined!



First up - Honey Crisp. I am normally a Granny Smith only kind of girl, but Wow. These are SO good! We ate one on the way home. It was HUGE and so juicy! MMM!
Unfortunately NY's growing season is 4 weeks too short for Granny Smith apples. The Jenna Blush is supposed to be very similar.
I couldn't believe all the apples on the ground! I hope they feed them to horse or something. What a shame for all those to go to waste!
Helping Mya pick her apple
Who ever had the idea to give away a whistle in a kid's meal has obviously never been in on a long car ride with a child and the afore mentioned whistle!
Hopefully we will have a chance to pick more apples before the quickly approaching winter hits!

What a fun family outing!
ReplyDelete