Tomorrow marks the beginning of the end of the deployment for me. My mother-in-law will be a sweet sight at the airport tomorrow! No more nights alone, no more going it alone with my kids, someone who will actually eat what I cook...help is on the way! :) Not only is she a great mother-in-law and a fantastic gran'ma - she is an amazingly thorough and fast cleaner and an excellent seamstress! When she told me to leave some of my to do list for her, I'm not sure if she quite understood what that would entail!
My to-do list is 4 pages long and I feel like I'm not even making a dent most days. Today I moved all the furniture in the living room to vacuum. I get it - he doesn't care if there is a lingering Cherrio under the couch or that all the girls clothes are neatly organized in the bin where they belong. I was up at 6:30 this morning organizing bathroom cabinets. Again, he doesn't care that all the stray bobby pins and q-tips are in their rightful places. While he does like a clean, clutter free house (who doesn't!), he most likes a relaxed wife! Knowing that my house is very clean, projects are done and loose ends are tied up will help me enjoy the first few weeks of our sweet reunion even more.
I have shot myself in the foot by getting decorating ideas from Pinterest and Sarah Richardson. So not only am I cleaning every nook and cranny, I'm taking on 3 new decorating projects...one of which is pretty time consuming. More than anything the shopping for supplies is time consuming. Who knew it would be so hard to fine the right size cylinder vase?
I also have no clue what the girls or I will be wearing...which is driving me crazy. Every time I get an idea something doesn't fit somebody or I'm missing something. Again...more shopping, more time.
I am so excited for him to be here, so excited to have my house in order and so ready to relax with my man!
My to-do list is 4 pages long and I feel like I'm not even making a dent most days. Today I moved all the furniture in the living room to vacuum. I get it - he doesn't care if there is a lingering Cherrio under the couch or that all the girls clothes are neatly organized in the bin where they belong. I was up at 6:30 this morning organizing bathroom cabinets. Again, he doesn't care that all the stray bobby pins and q-tips are in their rightful places. While he does like a clean, clutter free house (who doesn't!), he most likes a relaxed wife! Knowing that my house is very clean, projects are done and loose ends are tied up will help me enjoy the first few weeks of our sweet reunion even more.
I have shot myself in the foot by getting decorating ideas from Pinterest and Sarah Richardson. So not only am I cleaning every nook and cranny, I'm taking on 3 new decorating projects...one of which is pretty time consuming. More than anything the shopping for supplies is time consuming. Who knew it would be so hard to fine the right size cylinder vase?
I also have no clue what the girls or I will be wearing...which is driving me crazy. Every time I get an idea something doesn't fit somebody or I'm missing something. Again...more shopping, more time.
I am so excited for him to be here, so excited to have my house in order and so ready to relax with my man!
I can relate to this on so many levels! I hope you have success wrapping up all your projects and crossing everything off you to-do list! So happy the end is in sight for your sweet family!!! Yahoo!!!
ReplyDelete