In February we went to Clarksville to visit friends from our time at Ft. Campbell. My friend Kat's husband left for Afghanistan the day before we arrived. We were glad we could be a comfort and distraction for them during those rough couple of days.
The McNeal's are dear to our hearts. Even though our husbands have spent very little time together because of their deployment schedules, we are thankful for their friendship and hope our paths cross often in our military journey. Our days there were full of many wonderful memories and seeing old friends. Our kids played hard, giggled and talked for hours (it seemed!) when they were all trying to sleep in the same room, and Kat and I stayed up talking late into each night. Kat is an amazing woman of God and even through the fresh pain of her husband leaving, she encouraged me in Lord. I have met few people that can balance so many responsibilities and remain so committed and genuine with people. No matter what the Army or life may throw at her, her attitude is good and her focus is on the Lord. She is also a big motivation in my recent running adventures. While I doubt to ever compete with her stamina, her love of running (no matter how much I hate running!) is contagious!
One of the first nights we were there, Kat and I got a babysitter and went to my favorite restaurant in Clarksville - Kohana's - for some amazing sushi. We met our friends Carrie and Regan there. I can't believe I don't have a picture from that outing!! (Regan is even a photographer! :) It was a great time!
We had an amazing visit with so many people. One of the sweetest moments for me though was the lunch visit I had with my friend Danielle. She lost her husband in Afghanistan in September. It was the type of visit where you go to be an encouragement and yet you leave somehow feeling that they encouraged you instead. Danielle and her precious kids will forever be in our prayers. I was so thankful for the chance to get together with her!
One afternoon we went to the park...
Kristin and Addison
Lilly Bug
Rocks and empty boxes are about the only toys children need...or at least the ones that keep them the most entertained!
Kristin, Addison, Lilly and Mya
I've known for a long time that I would like to get a Honda Odessey - this trip definitely sealed that decision! Can't wait!
After dinner that night, we had a reunion with our old playgroup. Every week when we lived in Clarksville, we met with the Cherry's, Dickisons, and Vinsons for lunch and playtime for the kids. I'm so glad it worked out for us to all get together! You realize how long you have been gone from somewhere when you see how much the kids have grown!! ...and when you realize that Addison doesn't remember anyone!
My sweet friends - Kristi, Jessica and Tara. Miss you ladies!!!
Our trip ended on a sweet note as well. We were able to go to First Baptist and the Springer's Sunday School class!
The Army is many times a nomadic life. What a joy to know the bond through the Body of Christ! I pray that along my journey I can impact people the same way so many have done for me in Clarksville. We have made many friends in all of our Army moves, but the Lord knit my heart so close to so many there through our first deployment and for that I will be forever thankful!
We hope to make it back to Ft. Campbell soon!








Comments
Post a Comment